Sunday, October 14, 2012

My First Artwork

I have been looking for an artwork for my living room forever. However I could not find an affordable one that I really like... So... I thought... why not do one myself? With no techniques or knowledge I just went to the art store and grabbed some oil paint tubes, brushes, oil thinner, and a 36x48 stretched canvas (yes, I wanted to go big!). I set my "studio" in the garage, spent about 5 hours there, and here is the final work... My desire was to finish my art as soon as possible so I could hang it on wall at the end of the day. The problem is (I said before I had no knowledge!) oil painting takes a week to be dry to the touch. And a year to be completely dry! Google helped me with this information! So here I am waiting, waiting, waiting while "she" is there on the table in my studio (I mean, garage!).


"Trinity" by Me


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I learned from my daughter (she is an artist) that oil take a long time to dry. I like your painting! Very cool. I have thought about making my own art, too. I can not fine exactly what I am looking for on-line or in stores. Besides, the art I do like is super expensive.

    I look forward to seeing where you hang it.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you are here. Thanks for reading my blog.